Why Child Proof ?
Your children are your most precious gift
and they depend on you completely …
Household injuries are one of the top reasons kids under age 3 visits the ER, and nearly 70% of the children who die from unintentional injuries at home are 4 years and under. In South Africa, in 2010, 2169 children under the age of 4 died due to injuries. Young children have the highest risk of being injured at home because that's where they spend most of their time.
Supervision is the best way to prevent injuries, in the home and out, but even the most watchful parents can't keep kids completely out of harm's way every second of the day.
- It is natural and healthy for babies and children to explore with all their senses including and especially taste
- It is your responsibility to create a safe environment in which they can explore without constant negative feedback
- With constant negative feedback should your home NOT be childproof, your child will most probably become afraid of trying new things and will become insecure and lack confidence within himself / herself
- You can not watch your child 24 hours a day
- Your child must be protected from dangers of which he/she is unaware
- Your child has the right to be able to explore safely.
Besides the obvious outcome of baby proofing, being a safer environment, what are other benefits?
SAFER HOME = HAPPY CHILD = HAPPY PARENTS = HAPPY HOME
Take the next step and make your home baby and child safe with the Babyproofessionals!